The Dusk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum of fun, fun roleplay. [Not really.] More or less a roleplay forum of more darker plots.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh Humans, Oh Canines

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

Oh Humans, Oh Canines Empty
PostSubject: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:51 pm

MAKE FUN OF THE SCHOOL CLASSES!

Suken Blackburn, August Blackburn & Aria White

"Well, Suken. Now what?" When the fluffy-wolf-dragon received no response, he flopped on the ground, folding his wings.

Suken looked back at his brother for a moment before looking down the tall cliff again.

In the background, there was a small yip, an idiotic growl, and then a thump. "Gotcha!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecloakedschemervi.deviantart.com
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Cross Sørensen, Xreil Cyprus, & Lilekia Cohen

The white female happened to be looking out over the field that borders her sanctuary for just a moment. A single moment. Then she heard a yell behind her that wasn't very happy.

She trotted lazily to the spot the yell came from, only to see a light green-haired human in obvious pain. In his hand was a crab. In the crabs pinsirs was a nipple. More specifically, the man's nipple.

"Cross! Help! It-It got me!" The man flailed the hand not holding the crab and jumped up and down like a child that had to go potty. Cross sighed, and turned her beautiful lean snow-white coat into something more bi-pedaled.

"Have I told you that you're an idiot today, Xreil?" She grumbled as she de-latched the pinsir from said man's nipple.

Xreil just whimped in pain as he rubbed the sore spot. No need to answer that queation.

---

A little ways away, another female wolf was off sniffing flowers. Of course she had a purpose for this, but that was unknown to anything that may have been observing her. Occasionally she would pick a flower and put it in a brown leather bag stapped around her front legs.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm

The look Suken gave to August told the slightly older one that he should go hunting. 'Should' was the keyword.

Aria looked over at the two, with a small mouse clamped in her jaws. She shrugged, threw the mouse in the air, and caught it again. Then dropped it and calmly, yet proudly, ate her little snack.

When the younger male didn't hear the sound of his brother leaving, he turned and gave a stare. The kind of stare that made even August flinch.

And flinch he did. August stood up quickly, stretched his wings, flapped them once or twice, then took off in search of food.
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 pm

After getting the crab off her brother's nipple, Cross quickly opened it's shell and ate the meat inside. Poor crab.

Xriel gave a huff at the white female for stealing his lunch, but didn't dare demand it back. That was suicide. Instead, he turned back into a wolf and went hunting for mice. They were plentiful in Spring and easy to find.

---

The silver wolf was now hunting as well. She already ate two mice whole, and was looking for a third, when she heard the tell-tale thrumping of helicopter blades. She quickly dashed to the trees for cover. She disliked being so close to a city.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:25 pm

August had heard the same helicopter, because the moment he heard it, he dive-bombed into the forest below. The thing to catch his fall was a tree.

Aria finished up her snack, then calmly trotted over to Suken and plopped down next to him.

Suken ignored her.
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Cross and Xreil looked up when they heard a faint thrumping sound, but it soon lost their attention. Xreil was snacking on his mice while Cross was dozing in the sun. Then they heard the noise come closer.

"Funny, humans never came this close before." Xreil remarked, and Cross gave a grunting reply. They watched the skies until the sound went away again.

~-~

The silver wolf was surprised, to say the least.

Now, all the sudden, there was a griffon-like creature beside her, along with a few large branches. She yelped loudly, not worried about the humans that couldn't hear her over their own noise. Then she stared at the creature.

"Umm, hello?" She spoke when the helicopter's noise dies away, only to for it to come back. She pressed further into the foliage and waited until the sound died into the forest.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Suken and Aria watched the helicopter as it passed over them.

August looked at the other wolf, and at the destruction he caused. Oops. The wolf-dragon stood up and shook any leaves from his body. Then he took to introducing himself. "Heh... sorry for that. I'm August Blackburn. And you are...?"

On first appearance, the wolf looked extremely calm... just like his brother. He just went ahead and decided trusting would be fine. For now.
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Cross and Xriel were by the edge of the forest, so they edged in further. They didn't exactly know where the humans went but cover was better than open skies.

"Cross, you smelled the other wolves, right?" Her companion asked while they were walking into their trees.

"Of course. But you haven't really been the one to help others, so I ignored them. Is that going to change?"

"No. They would be nothing but trouble." Xreil spoke, chin up. Cross gave a 'Mmmm'. "I just wondered if that was why the helicopter was here."

"Maybe." And they left it at that.

~-~

"I-I'm Lilekia. Call me Kia. And what... I didn't know creatures besides canine's existed." The silver wolf shrank farther into the brush. She was shy. Aww.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:03 pm

August raised an eyebrow. "Pfft, so? I'm just a canine a little on the... dragon side..." He made a '>_>' face.

"That helicopter's been passing by for the past few days. The same red, black and orange one. I'm surprised they're lacking a searchlight."

Suken just stared at Aria. 'Well, that only happens sometimes.'
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:11 pm

After a bit into the forest in total silence, Cross spoke. "Do you smell smoke?"

Xreil stopped and sniffed the air for a long moment. "Yep. And it's coming from farther in the forest."

Cross stared into said forest for a few moments, then turned around and started quickly trotting the way they came. "They're trying to flame us out. They knew we were here for a while."

"But... we lived here for years! Are we just going to let-"

Cross cut him off. "If you feel like biting the fire into submission, go ahead." Xreil sighed and followed after.

~-~

Kia giggled softly. "Well, arn't you special, Mr. Wings. Why..." But then she stopped when she saw a slight orange flicker at the tops of the nearby forest. That was no bird.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:23 pm

August looked in the same direction as the wolf he just met, and his eyes widened. "Shit. Run. I won't cheat and fly. Just run!"

Suken looked back at the forest as he too smelt smoke. Aria did as well.

They then looked down the cliff. "Well, that's a long drop..."

Suken only nodded.
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:37 pm

The two closest to the fire were beginning to feel it's effects. The smoke blanketed the trees and breathing was becoming difficult. Cross could have been out of the place with her speed and agility, but she wasn't going to abandon Xreil. She wasn't that heartless. Yet.

After enough coughing, they finally made it out of the place. The fire was on their heels now. They forgot how fast it ate foliage.

In front of them was a large, dry field. The fire would speed up some more. And then there was a small patch of trees, then a cliff. Lovely. The humans were trying to make them fall off of the dang cliff. What a way to die.

~-~

"You know, I won't keep you from flying..." The wolf spoke as she started trotting into the field. But then she spotted the two running through the dry grasses. "You go. I'll help them."
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:50 pm

August nodded, and got a running started before flying up and through the treetops. And this is where he got a nice view of how big the fire was. "Damn it all." He flew at high-speed, back to where he had left Suken and Aria.

Aria looked at August as he landed between the two. "What do you suggest we do?!" She was panicking.

"Our only option is to climb down, Aria."

"Easy for you to say! Damn wolf-dragon."

Wolf-dragon growled at her. "I can easily take Suken to safety and leave you behind. Now, if surviving is of your interest, I suggest you go down the cliff after me." That shut Aria up.

August looked down the large cliff and sighed. He flew down the cliff a little bit, then attached himself to the cliff with his obnoxious front claws. "There's a small ledge right there. Try to get onto that."

Suken stepped onto the small ledge indicated and almost immediately recoiled. 'This isn't safe, August. I wonder when you'll get that through your head.'
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Cross and Xreil made it to the small patch of trees without completely coughing up a lung. The fire was just making it's way into the grasses, and now it was picking up speed. This wasn't going to be fun.

That's when they saw another wolf.

"Come this way! Others are making their way down the cliff." And she ran off, giving no time for Xreil to question her. He didn't seem to like that fact.

Cross followed right after the grey female, with Xreil grudgingly behind. They ran all the way to a different gray female, then waited their turn down.

This was going to be an interesting wait.

"My name is Lilekia. Call me Kia. We're goign to get down the cliff this way."

"Maybe." Xreil finished for her. He didn't bother with a name or anything, and Cross wasn't much of a talker.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Aria looked back at the newcomers, and nodded. "I'm Aria, the scardy-cat is Suken, and the one assisting us is August." She gave Suken's butt a nudge.

Suken made a small growl noise, then stepped onto the ledge. He looked for another one that wasn't too far. Once he spotted it, he jumped to it.

Aria soon followed Suken's hopping example.

August broke away from the cliff, and started to fly again. He looked at the new trio. Well, duo. He already met the one known as Kia.
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:06 pm

"What the HELL is that thing?!" Xreil bluntly blurted. Cross nudged him slgihtly with her shoulder.

Kia tilted her head at the rude male and began to follow the only other grey female. She didn't want to be caught in the fire.

"Cross, I don't trust this. I don't trust them. Can we find another way?"

Cross didn't reply, just followed Kia. Xreil huffed. He never got his way.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:50 pm

August rolled his eyes, and flew down to the ground, where he met a very calm Suken, whose gaze was fixed on something flying in the sky. The gray-tard followed shortly after.

"Is everyone accounted for?"

August shrugged, not really giving much of a damn.
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 am

Xreil soon followed after Cross, and before you knew it, they were all on the ground (after a few almost-falls from Xreil). Once there, Xreil decided that it might be kind to introduce himself. "I'm Xreil, this is Cross. Have a good day." And so he started padding off. Alone.

"Cross?"

Said wolf gave a tiny little half-bark and plopped her butt down on the stone. Xreil went back to her side and plopped down next to her, facing away from the group of wolves. He may not get his way, but he sure as hell doesn't have to like it.

"Nice to meet you two. You know my name." Kia waved her tail in 'hello'.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 am

Suken's gaze broke from the thing flying in the sky and he was now looking at the trio of canines not familiar. They didn't interest him too much, so he got up and walked over to his brother.

Aria let out a little bark, something that could've meant 'hello', and then plopped on the ground.

August, still, was not giving a damn.
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Xreil, tired of feeling awkward, started padding away from the new wolves. "Well, nice to meet everyone, but I have to go. You know, find a new home. Cross?"

Said white wolf followed her partner silently. They did need to get as far away from the helicopter as possible, since the humans weren't going to leave their life or death to chance. They would be back, and there would be more of them, and they would have guns.

"B-But... you should stay! Isn't survival bigger when more wolves are together...?"

"No. You'll only get in the way." And he kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:50 pm

August snorted. "C'mon Suken." The wolf-dragon stood and started walking away, Suken following closely.

Aria stood by Kia awkwardly. "Uhh..."

~+~

Aliah White

Aliah chuckled as she watched the group of canines, finding it funny, that they're splitting up. "Safety in numbers. Idiots."
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Once Cross and Xreil got out of the other wolf's view, they began to talk.

"You know that more wolves would be helpful to our survival, if only to be meatshields."

"You know... I never thought of it that way." Xreil tilted his head. "But I'd rather get away from the cliff first. The humans will be back soon."

Cross simply nodded and continued on.

~-~

Kia tilted her head. "Eh... I tried." She shrugged her shoulders and sat next to the other grey female.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:49 am

Suken Blackburn, August Blackburn, Aria White & Aliah White

Suken looked up once again, and for doing that, he recieved a swipe on the head from his kind brother.

"Look, bro, you need to stop looking up there. Nothing's going to get us."

Suken gave August a look of disbelief, a look that practically said 'Brother, they've been after us for 10 years.'

August growled, knowing what this meant. "Yeah, yeah, and they've studied how we've lived since that incident and blah blah blah..."

Suken smiled in victory as his 'point' finally got across.

"This doesn't mean you can stare at the sky all you want! That's what the airhead is for!"

~+~

Aria plopped down as well. "...Sometimes, hanging out with boys isn't always what it's cut out to be..."
Back to top Go down
Serynn
Admin
Serynn

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Xreil didn't notice when Cross stopped walking, but he did realize when she didn't respond to his voice. He stopped and looked behind him, only to see a reluctant Cross staring at him from a ways back.

"What's up?" He padded back to his companion.

"I've never been with other wolves before..." She trailed off. When he didn't speak, she continued on. "And I want to learn what my own species is like."

"You can hardly argue that the winged... thing is your species." Xreil had a what-the-fuck-you-got-to-be-kidding-me look.

Cross simply stared into Xreil's eye unblinking. Said male shuddered. He hated when she did that.

And.

She.

Wouldn't.

Stop.

"Okay! Okay... we can go back. I won't like it. And if they dare try to tell me where to go, I'm out." He huffed past Cross, who gladly followed.

"Oh... I guess they're coming back." Kia stood back up, and while doing so she turned into her human form. There was no reason for them to remain wolves.
Back to top Go down
Versailles
Admin
Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Suken Blackburn, August Blackburn, Aria White & Aliah White

Aria nodded, standing up. She started to trot after the two idiotic brothers. "HEY! Get your asses back here!"

Suken stopped and looked back at Aria. He shrugged and ran back.

August glared and slowly walked back with the most irritated expression ever. That brought a laugh out of Aria, who was now in her human form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh Humans, Oh Canines   Oh Humans, Oh Canines Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh Humans, Oh Canines
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dusk :: The Forums. :: The Place to Roleplay.-
Jump to: